Did you know that when you program a Proximity Key on the majority of vehicles such as Toyota, Lexus Nissan, Infiniti as examples, ALL keys are deleted when you program an additional key.
If the programming slot reader is faulty, then guess what, you have a car that will not work and a customer who is facing a very hefty repair bill, and you looking like a prize plum.
So before you program an additional key on a Proximity/Smart key system, check the slot reader is functioning before you connect, and save yourself time, money and looking unprofessional.
• TDB006 Transponder Antenna Tester from Diagnostic Box
• The TDB006 Transponder Antenna Tester has been designed to offer a fast and easy way of checking the transponder antenna across all vehicle systems and types.
• The TDB006 can be used stand alone and can pick up the signal that is transmitted from the vehicle to the transponder key, and thus checking the functionality of the antenna and vehicle immobiliser signal output.
• The Transponder Antenna Tester features signal indication by way of a visual LED and also a sounder which mimics the signal being sent.
• Additional features include an auto power off and power indicator.
• The Transponder Antenna Tester also features an external antenna wand, which has been designed to slide in to the vehicles fitted with card readers and slot keys such as Renault and BMW.
• The wand can slide into the key slot along side the vehicle key and pick up the transponder signal being transmitted. Renault Card readers are particularly prone to failure and expensive dealer equipment is the only way to check the car reader is working, now the Transponder Antenna Tester can be used to quickly diagnose those elusive problems.